At First Tee – Metro Atlanta, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the First Tee Program:
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
Simply put, First Tee – Metro Atlanta teaches life skills and golf to children ages 7 to 18 years old. Participation is open to youth throughout metro Atlanta on a first come, first served basis. Participants attend weekly classes at one of our 6 Program Locations. Most classes are held on Saturdays, but day of week and time vary by location.
The Power of Relationships
First Tee – Metro Atlanta coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire kids to discover their individual potential. Our programs help kids and teens build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to their community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.
Golf training spans introductory to advanced level. The life skills curriculum includes training on interpersonal, self-management and goal setting skills. Instructors teach golf and life skills in a seamless fashion. Training is conducted on the range and golf course (please see below for Junior Access Policies.) Children do not have to own golf clubs to participate in the program.
For many, golf instruction is a major draw to our program; however, it is important to note that First Tee – Metro Atlanta is more than a sports program for kids. For more than 20 years we have been using the platform of golf to provide innovative and experiential learning opportunities for young people. Character education and long-term life skills are at the heart of our programs, which are delivered by coaches who have been trained in positive youth development.
First Tee has established Nine Core Values that represent some of the many inherently positive values connected with the game of golf. Our goal is to help young people cultivate our Nine Core Values( Honesty | Integrity | Sportsmanship | Respect | Confidence | Responsibility | Perseverance | Courtesy | Judgment ) and apply those values in all aspects of their lives.